Are you getting into the Halloween spirit? I hope so, because today we’re sharing over 50 fun and easy Halloween crafts for kids (and adults).
We’ve included a range of ideas for all ages, from toddlers and preschoolers through to tweens, teens and adults.
You might also like these Autumn crafts and activities
Do your kids love Halloween? Mine sure do—especially the candy. But the crafts and DIY’s come a close second.
Today we’re making it easy for you and your kids to get creative with these spookeriffic Halloween arts and crafts. Many of these ideas are from our own archives, but I’ve also taken some from our blogging friends around the world to add to the spooky fun.
Halloween craft ideas for kids
I think bats are adorable, but for some reason, they’re associated with all things spooky on Halloween. I blame Count Dracula! Here are some fun and easy bat crafts for you…
- Make a hanging paper bat decoration with our printable template. It’s part of our printable Halloween paper craft collection.
- Here’s a quick and easy paper roll bat
- Turn a paper cup into a bat treat craft, by Thrifty Jinxy
- Here’s an eye catching bat pastel artwork, by Projects with Kids
- Make a bat-themed paper hat, by Fantastic Fun and Learning
Black cat crafts
Here’s another cute, furry, animal that’s been relegated to “scary Halloween creatures”. Sorry, you can hang out with witches all you want, but I’m still not scared of you little black cat!
- How fun and easy does this bobble-head paper cat look? by Fireflies and Mudpies
- Print and create a black cat mask. Do it for fun or as part of your Halloween costume. It’s another template from our Printable Halloween Papercraft collection.
- This paper plate black cat is an easy DIY wall hanging decoration to spookify your home (I actually made my cats black and white beacuse it was more fun that way, but feel free to paint them all black if you like)
- Turn an egg carton into a set of black cat ears with a matching nose. Add a black t-shirt, tights and a braided pantyhose tail and you have a super cute and easy black cat costume
- Here’s an easy toilet paper roll black cat. Free shape template available
- Here’s a simple black cat papercraft by Easy Peasy and Fun
DIY Lantern crafts
Want to make your own DIY lanterns? They’re a fun way to decorate your home and windows to welcome trick or treaters, and they’re usually easy to make too.
- Here’s a colourful set of tissue paper monster lanterns to make from recycled yoghurt tubs (or use mason jars).
- These golden, sparkling Halloween house luminaries look too pretty to be haunted! But apparently they are. By Projects with Kids
- Upcycle your detergent containers into DIY Laundry Jug Jack-o-lanterns, by The Soccer Mom Blog
- Here’s a super quick and easy DIY Mummy lantern, by Thrifty Jinxy
Ghosts are synonomous with Halloween. They’re soooo easy to make into crafts too, here are some friendly ghost crafts for you…
- Make some easy recycled paper roll ghosts. Free shape template available.
- This set of ghost stick puppets have been hand-sewn from felt. We have a free pdf pattern available to download
- Make some yarn dolls with a spooky twist
- These ghost pom pom poppers are a fun DIY toy idea. They’re super easy to make too.
- How sweet is this simple ribbon and fabric ghost craft? By Buggy and Buddy
- Here are some printable paper ghost finger puppets kids can make. Another craft from our printable Halloween paper craft collection
- Here are over 30 cute ghost crafts kids can make
Mummies are another Halloween staple. Probably because all thay are is bandages and eyes! What could be easier than that? Here’s some Mummy crafting inspiration for you.
- Love these mummy rocks, by Rock Painting 101
- Turn the humble paper roll into a cute mummy craft, by Finding Myself Young
- Here’s a decorative Mummy pencil jar by Easy Peasy and Fun
- Make some paper plate mummies with movable eyes like these ones, by Kids Craft Room
- This little pumpkin mummy is so cute! By Mombrite
- Red Ted Art has a dancing Mummy printable puppet kids can make — so fun!
Monsters are so much fun at Halloween time! I love their bright colours, big teeth, and goofy faces. Sorry monsters—I don’t find you scary either.
- Upcycle a matchbox into a chomping monster puppet
- Turn a cardboard carton into a sea monster dressup—boo!
- These rainbow peg monsters are cute and easy to make. You could turn them into scary fridge magnets by gluing a strong magnet on the back
- Get the free masking template to make these sponge printed monster paintings here. Draw into the printed art with permanent markers for a cool and creative effect
- Create 3D monster portraits using our printable template
- Here are over 20 more monster craft ideas
Pumpkins make great Halloween decorations, whether you go for traditional jack-o-lanterns or a modern, colourful, pumpkin-based craft. Here are some easy pumpkin ideas …
- Print and create this easy-peasy paper pumkin basket. The template is free.
- Love this cute paper zombie pumpkin! By Simple Every Day Mom
- Got a smarties box on hand? Turn it into a recycled pumpkin treat box like this one by Red Ted Art. So cute!
- Heres a fun pour painted pumpkin, made by a preschooler. By
- This pumpkin Jack-o-lantern is made using traditional papier mache. Isn’t it cool? By Teaching Ideas
- These pumpkin and ghost treats are a super easy DIY treat kids can make to hand out to their friends. We filled ours with marshmallows, but you could fill them with any treat you like.
I know, I SHOULD be very scared of spiders. Especially living in Australia where the bite of some spiders can kill. And I am a bit, but mostly I find them fascinating. I mean, how many other creatures have eight eyes? Here are some spider crafts to inspire you…
- Here’s a 3D doodle spider in a web. Make and edecorate one using our printable template.
- These spider string puppets are a super fun DIY toy kids will love to make
- Add pipe cleaners to your pom poms and turn them into pom pom spiders. They’re way too fluffy to be called scary though!
- We upcycled paper rolls into a whole royal family of spider stick puppets.
- These felt softie spiders were my contribution to the book Sewing Simple Softies. You can find the instructions to that craft, plus lots more fun templates and basic sewing instructions, in the book
Witches are super cute… I mean super scary *mad cackles*. Especially with their furry sidekicks, the black cats. Here are some fun witch-themed crafts and activities.
- Get the tutorial to make these fun witch bookmarks over at Big Family Blessings
- Love these paper cup flying witches, by Kids Craft Room
- We have a printable jointed paper witch doll as part of our Halloween Paper Craft Collection
- Turn paper rolls into a witch and black cat, by Red Ted Art
- Here’s a simple paper bag witch puppet, by Simple Every Day Mom
- Make this easy no-sew witches hat, by A Mum to Mum
- Preschoolers will love making a bubbling brew witches potion—a fun fizzy science activity that doubles as pretend play (not pictured)
- Here’s a cute and easy handprint witch craft, by Mombrite (not pictured)
Easy Halloween decorating ideas
Whether you’re getting ready for a Halloween party or just want to dress your house up for the spooky season, here are some decorating ideas you’ll love …
- This easy Halloween wreath is made from garbage bags! Isn’t is cool? By Temecula Blogs
- Our Halloween herb garden is made from recycled plastic bottles. Spooky, right?
- You can’t beat Halloween salt dough ornaments for a cheap, easy DIY decorating idea. Easy recipe included with the craft tutorial.
- Dress up your windows with some colourful bat and pumpkin tissue paper sun catchers.
- These craft stick spider frames make cute keepsakes to preserve your kid’s costume memories in
- How adorable is this Halloween footprint art garland? Make frankenstien, candy corn, black cats, ghosts and more all from your child’s footprints. By Mama Papa Bubba
What are you waiting for? Get out the black construction paper, markers, popsicle sticks, and glue and get started on some Halloween fun with your kids. Don’t bother with plastic googly eyes, we have a free printable set of biodegradable ‘googly eyes’ that’s much better for our planet and works with most projects.
More ideas for you
- Trick or treat crafts for kids
- Angel crafts for kids
- Snowman crafts for kids
- Reindeer crafts for kids
Leave a Reply