Looking for Religious crafts for Christmas kids can make? If you answered yes, this collection is for you.
Today we’re sharing over 30 simple craft ideas based on the nativity, baby Jesus, stars, angels, handprint crafts, and more. Use them in the classroom, at home, or as Sunday school Christmas crafts.
You might also like these Free Christmas Crafts for kids
Do you ever feel that, instead of being a time of joy and giving, Christmas can be an overload of materialism and junk food?
In a world where so many of us have way too much stuff already, our obsession with asking kids what they want for Christmas sends the wrong message. You can counteract this by focusing in equal proportions on giving. Here are over 50 handmade gift ideas that kids can help to make and give.
Another way to bring the true meaning of Christmas into perspective is to focus on the reason the holiday exists in the first place: The birth of Jesus and the Christmas story.
Here are over 30 Christian Christmas crafts and activities kids are going to love.
Religious crafts for Christmas
Angels are one of my favourite religious Christmas crafts because they’re so pretty. Kiddos always love them too!
- These printable mini paper angels make cute and colourful tree ornaments. The template is free.
- Make a set of DIY angel wings from recycled cardboard and craft feathers. Free shape template available.
- This paper roll angel is super pretty and easy to make
- Here’s a set of printable multicultural angels. They come in eight assorted boy and girl designs in both full colour and colour-your-own
Religious handprint crafts
Religious Christmas crafts go great with handprints! They make lovely personalised gifts and keepsakes too.
- These handprint angels are so pretty, by Simple Everyday Mom
- Use liquid watercolour and salt to create the sky in this silhouette angel art project. The template also comes with a peace dove and reindeer.
- Love this cute baby Jesus handprint craft, by Simple Everyday Mom
- This easy Christmas angel card is by The Soccer Mom Blog
- This footprint Jesus and Angel would make a cute keepsake art project, by Proverbial Homemaker
Star crafts for Christmas
A star lit the way for the shepherds and three wise men. Stars make gorgeous crafts that will light up your home too!
- Make a star-weave God’s Eye yarn craft. This craft is good for tweens and teens.
- These polymer clay happy stars are so fun and look cute hanging on the tree
- Make a spinning star decoration using our printable template
- Love this pretty button star ornament by Fireflies and Mudpies
- Create a baby Jesus countdown calendar like this one by Messy Little Monster
Nativity scene crafts
Recreate the story of Jesus’ birth with these nativity-themed crafts and activities.
- Older kids will love painting a rock art nativity scene like this one from Rock Painting 101
- Our printable paper nativity set includes baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph, shepherds, sheep, camels, and all the rest. It’s super easy to cut out and put together too.
- This nativity luminary would look pretty at night, by My Joy Filled Life
- Here’s a felt nativity scene you can make, by Mama Smiles
- Love this simple 3D paper nativity, by Messy Little Monster
More nativity crafts
- Got Lego at home? Make a Lego nativity set like this one by Frugal Fun for Boys
- Let’s not forget the three wise men! You can make them, along with their camels, from paper rolls. By Red Ted Art
- Here’s a pretty tissue paper nativity suncatcher, by Meaningful Mama
- This quilled paper nativity scene is by My Joy Filled Life
- Kids can colour and make their own nativity-themed hat with this printable by Kids Craft Room
Religious Christmas ornaments
What’s Christmas without adorable ornaments hand made by our kids? Here are some religious ornament craft ideas.
- These peg angel ornaments would look super pretty hanging on your Christmas tree, by Hello Wonderful
- I adore this yarn nativity scene, by Big Family Blessings
- Print and colour these paper nativity baubles, by Kids Craft Room
- Turn a walnut shell into a simple walnut shell manger, by Rhythms of Play
- Here are some gorgeous stained glass colouring ornaments, by True Aim Education
- This nativity silhouette ornament is made from craft sticks, by I heart Arts’n Crafts
Baby Jesus crafts
What better way to celebrate christ’s birth than with a baby Jesus craft?
- Make baby Jesus in a matchbox—so cute!
- Here’s a sweet baby Jesus paper plate threading craft, by The Gingerbread House
- Print and colour this cute baby Jesus pop-up card using our free template
- Make a sweet baby Jesus star card like this one from Kids Craft Room
- This simple Jesus paper craft is by Non Toy Gifts
Religious Christmas puppets
Puppets are a great way for kids to learn about the nativity story because they’re interactive and fun. They make great DIY toys from preschool and up too.
- Print and create this cute set of nativity finger puppets, by Kids Craft Room
- Create simple craft stick nativity puppets like these ones by My Joy Filled Life
- These tissue paper three kings puppets are super cute, by Red Ted Art
- How beautiful is this nativity shadow puppet set, by Adventure in a Box
I hope you’ve been inspired by these easy religious Christmas crafts. We wish all our readers a safe and joyful Christmas.
More crafts your kids will love
- 20+ fun Christmas printables
- 50+ DIY toys
- 20+ reindeer crafts
- 6 Winter paper crafts
- Advent calendar ideas for kids
- 30+ angel crafts for kids