If you’re looking for woodland animal crafts your kids will love, look no further! We’ve got you covered with this range of over 20 ideas for kids of all ages from pre-schoolers through to tweens and teens.
You’ll have them making hedgehogs, foxes, bears, owls, turkeys and more!
You might also like these fall craft ideas for kids
Woodland animals come in all shapes and sizes and, although they exist all year round, are particularly popular as a crafting theme in Autumn or Fall. Perhaps it’s because of the warm, cozy vibe they bring as common storybook characters, or maybe it’s because, right now, they’re all extra busy getting ready to hibernate for the winter.
We haven’t included ALL woodland animals in this collection (sorry badgers, deer and raccoons!), but I may come back and add more to it later.
These crafts include over 20 favourites with ideas from our own archives as well as bloggers around the world. Let’s get started …
Woodland animal crafts for kids
Woodland animal paper craft ideas
We love paper for its simplicity and ease of use in crafting. Here are some cute woodland animal projects you can make from paper!
- This printable set of woodland animals includes a dear, fox, bear, raccoon and hedgehog. Use them as a Fall decoration or as a small world for imaginary play
- Here’s a fox paper wreath to make from paper as an Autumn decor idea
- Bunnies are the cutest! Here’s a free printable bunny bookmark to print and create for young readers
- This printable flying paper bat makes a great Halloween decoration
- Our printable animal playset also has a Spring version complete with adorable baby animals
Woodland animal printable treat ideas
Make these woodland animal treat crafts as DIY gifts or just for fun!
- Make healthy turkey snack cups (or stick the printable pieces onto yoghurt tubs!)
- Our printable turkey paper baskets could be filled with small chocolates as a Thanksgiving treat
- Printable woodland animal baskets come in raccoon, hedgehog, bear and fox designs
Who doesn’t love foxes? Here are some fox craft ideas for kids
- Love these rocking paper foxes by Kids Craft Room
- Encourage reading with our free printable fox bookmarks
- These upcycled plastic bottle planters are a great craft for tweens and teens
- Younger kids will enjoy making a fox paper hat with our free printable
- These handprint foxes look like fun, by Easy Peasy and Fun
- Upcycle paper rolls into the cutest mini fox DIY toys
Owl crafts for kids
Owls are beloved for their supposed wisdom and adorable, huge eyes. Here are some easy owl craft ideas
- These paper roll owls are simple to make if you’re looking for an upcycling project
- Use pinecones to make a pair of snowy owls like these cuties, by Frugal Fun for Boys
- For a super eco-friendly idea, craft an owl from bark like this one by Fireflies and Mudpies
- Kids will love getting creative with these recycled cardboard owls, by Arty Craft Kids
- These printed paper owls by Buggy and Buddy turned out so cute and colourful!
I don’t know what it is about hedgehogs that makes them so irresistible! Here are some fun hedgehog-inspired crafts kids can make.
- These pom pom hedgehogs are soft, fluffy and easy to make with our free template
- Here’s a super cute rainbow hedgehog by The Best Ideas for Kids
- Print and colour this easy hedgehog hat using our free template
- Handprints make the cutest hedgehog spikes! This handprint hedgehog is by Simple Everyday Mom
Bear crafts for kids
You couldn’t have a woodland animal roundup without bears! Here are some ideas for you.
- How sweet is this fork-painted bear puppet? By Messy Little Monster
- Here are some super cute paper roll bears, by Creative Family Fun
- Make a Paddington Bear from origami like this one by Red Ted Art
- Here’s a fun and easy paper plate bear idea, by Paper and Glue
- Are you feeling inspired to go make some Woodland animals? I hope so!
You might also like